9.03.2013

this month

September is here, with Labour Day weekend seeming to have arrived at just the right time. The weather was perfect this past long weekend, but the first day "back to school" has greeted us with rain and gloomy skies. I put in Kellie Pickler's first album this morning and it felt like melting back into the season – comforting and familiar. Yes, I'm a country music fan, and it's so fitting for getting into an autumn state of mind, like a breath of fresh air. It just makes sense.

This month should be a fun one! Rick and I are taking two weeks vacation to celebrate our anniversary, and the plan as of late, is to spend a week or so up north at his Uncle's beautiful cottage, right on the lake. I can't imagine a better place to say hello to a new season (and mosquito-less at that!). It's crazy to think a whole year has gone by. I find I'm always looking forward to the next thing, the next celebration, the next vacation, the next long weekend... and while the waiting seems slow, time goes by fast. It's weird how "post-school" time in your life seems to move so incredibly quick.

That's why I like fall so much. It's become my favourite season. People were surprised when we announced our wedding would be in the fall, with most assuming it'd be in the spring. And while I love the newness of everything and fresh blooms come April, fall is such a relaxing time of year, yet revitalizing at the same time. It's a fresh start, while we cozy up. It's a good change of pace, when we need it the most. I love that about fall... that the "back to school" feeling never really goes away.

What are you most looking forward to this September?

9 comments:

  1. Those are my exact same feelings about fall. I just love it.
    Sounds like a great trip you have planned. Enjoy it :)
    Mavi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, I miss living in Toronto and enjoying the change of seasons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, as much as I hate Winter, a change of season is always nice. If only Winters were mild here, lol.

      Delete
  3. Oh, I am relating to you so much right now! My husband and I will also be going on vacation at the end of September. It is kind of a belated honeymoon. We celebrated our first wedding anniversary in May and didn't get to go on a honeymoon last year. We will be going to London and Paris. The word thrilled comes to mind. I keep saying that I'm going to learn to knit and just haven't. I even have a list of patterns I want to try. Maybe this winter is finally the time for me...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, I love how that happens! London and Paris sounds amazing, have the best time! I have a list of knitting patterns too. I even have the Purl Soho kit... I have to start it this Fall! lol

      Delete
  4. Autumn is my favourite time of the year. I'm most excited for the cooler weather and the changing of the leaves. I also cannot wait to go apple picking and bake apple pies and breads!

    ✿ Emily | Honey Loaf xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping to go apple picking this weekend, pears too are ready! Happy baking!

      Delete