8.01.2013

this month + thank you

First off, I want to thank you all for your kind words regarding my last post. It's nice to know i'm not the only one feeling this way! You did however, remind me why I do like blogging. It's that personal quality to it that I love most, and I think I will just continue on that path here and ignore all the rest. I'm dying to get a new camera, so hopefully that will inspire a little more creativity, but I'm happy to continue as I have been. It's outlet for me to share things here and there about daily life, and I think i'll do just that. Thank you for the little boost!

So let's kick off a new month with new things to look forward to. It's finally peach season and i'm obsessed. I can eat 3 peaches in one sitting. They make the perfect breakfast, snack, or dessert! And along with it corn on the cob is in season. How great is it that we can now add it to our Summer BBQ's and dinner outdoors? There's so many corn stands along my drive home, it's nice to get a few cobs straight from the farmer to cook that very night.

I've also starting to dabble in a little running every other night using a couch-to-5K training program. So far, so good, but running is not my best quality. It's always been tough for me as an adult for some reason, even though I played so much soccer as a child (I even reffed!). My endurance is low (it's not like i've been getting much cardio these past few years), and my pace is averaging 8 mins/km... but i'll get there eventually. I ran 3.6 km last night, and I hope to run a 5K (and possibly a 2K before that) this October. It's just a fun walk/run so there's no real pressure except finishing, which is nice. Mostly though, I just decided enough was enough. Being a graphic designer i'm sitting A LOT, and it's starting to hurt! I feel like i'll be in some major trouble down the line if I don't start getting more active now. It's been nice getting outside. I don't know what i'll do come Winter (many, many layers I suppose), but i'll figure it out!

What are you most looking forward to this August? How has your Summer been? Time just flies by, doesn't it?

7 comments:

  1. Aw, man. I love peaches, too. But there has been so much rain around here this year that the peaches have no flavor. Actually, too much rain has made for lots of bland fruits and veggies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no... that would suck! I remember there was a shortage in peaches around here last year because of a late frost. I wish I could ship you a basket, but you'd probably get bruised over-ripe fruit by the time it gets there! lol

      Delete
  2. I love the idea of doing a monthly "grateful list" I am going to do that too :) You inspiring lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle! Leave your link here when you do (if you post it). I'd love to read it!

      Delete
  3. Such a lovely post idea, I loved reading this! x

    Maddy from UNSTITCHEDD 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maddy! Glad you enjoy this post :) It's nice to sort of "re-group" each new month.

      Delete