7.04.2013

this month

Where does the time go? I know everyone says that each summer season, but seriously... how is it that summer flies by so quickly? It's already July and I almost missed "This Month's" list!

How is your summer so far? Have you been up to any adventures? Planning any trips? Enjoying your own backyard? So far we have a lot of typical summer fun checked off our list... evening fires, making s'mores, visiting the farmers market, having a picnic, eating outdoors... but I find myself wanting to have a big Summer soiree! I don't think we have the time for it, but i'm dreaming of a chic little garden party with signature cocktails and big bunches of hydrangeas. We love to entertain, but we're not quite set up for it yet. Next year I suppose.

This month we don't have too much planned. I'm off to Lavenderfest this weekend and looking forward to picking my own blooms. I usually dry it and then mix the little buds with epsom salts in a jar to use in the bath. Scout starts grade 2 training which is fun! Hopefully she finally learns to retrieve the ball and not take off with it, lol. I also have a desire to learn how to play tennis. I'm not sure i'd be any good, but a friend and I are thinking of learning just for fun. We'll see.

What have you been getting up to?

4 comments:

  1. We drove by a lavender farm on the way to Paris last week and now I have plans to go back...I LOVE the smell and it wouldn't be a bad way to spend an afternoon. Have fun...this month sounds dreamy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's one near Paris? Do you remember whereabouts? I didn't know they're were any close to here! We're heading out Simcoe/Northfolk County way to the two other farms on the weekend (hopefully it's not still pouring).

      I saw you sold a painting too! Woohoo! :)

      Delete
    2. I just saw the sign for it as we drove past and can't remember what it was called...must have been small though, nothing like you would find in Prince Edward County or Norfolk. I will write down the name next time I drive out that way and let you know. Norfolk county is gorgeous though....sounds like fun.

      Delete
  2. Lavenderfest sounds lovely!

    Your chic summer party plans sound amazing! You should do it!

    ReplyDelete