6.10.2013

from the weekend

Sometimes life can get busy, very busy. So much so, that trying to carve out time to relax is stressful in itself, therefore cancelling out the whole "trying to relax" part (and I don't even have kids!). The last couple of weeks have been busy with work, freelance, party planning, house stuff, pet stuff, and just trying to eat healthy. Oh yeah, and not getting enough sleep. I don't know about you, but sometimes it all morphs into this constant state of stress and worrying about the next thing on the list. This weekend I decided I needed to just chill.

So I spent the majority of Sunday learning to just relax. I read outside in the sunshine, drink in hand, pup running around the yard, casually putting in a load of laundry here and there – not racing to get it all done. Later that evening Rick built a fire and we made baked potatoes right in the coals and cooked sausages over top the grill – talk about slowing down! Two hours later we had the BEST dinner, and wound the night down sitting fireside with s'mores and the sunset, followed by a 10pm bedtime. I feel so much better today and hope I can keep it in the back of my mind to just slow the $#%! down. Ha! 

What about you? Do you have feelings of being rushed all the time? Do you think being online all the time contributes to that feeling (ironic to blog about)? How do you relax?

13 comments:

  1. ugh I feel the same, I posted today on how much I feel like just going into a dark place; quiet my cognition and everything around me because everyday my mind is just spinning. However that weekend of relaxation would be perfect like how yours sound. I am glad you had your time of simplicity... Happy Monday

    http://www.BlackandOlives.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree about the spinning part. I don't know how I have so much going on! I need to learn how to relax properly, so it actually feels like I took some time!

      Delete
  2. This seriously sounds just like me! I'm right there with you. I find myself trying to find new ways to relax all the time. You go girl! Your Sunday sounded absolutely wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear i'm not the only one! Although it'd be better if we all felt more relaxed instead.

      Delete
  3. Honestly, I never actually feel rushed. I definitely feel like there isn't enough time to do what needs to be done. But instead of doing too much, I tend to do too little. However, when I get overwhelmed by what needs to be getting done but isn't, I meditate and do yoga. It seems to be the only way to clear out the cobwebs that keep me from staying on task.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I wish I felt that way! I always need to be on top of things or I feel like i'm falling behind, lol. Yoga is great though, i've been attending a class once a week, but I think I need to practice more on my own.

      Delete
  4. Uni gives me a lot of stress, so I really need days to just relax....read in the garden, gardening, baking a cake :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh, I remember the craziness of college! Hang in there, lol. Baking is a great thing to do!

      Delete
  5. your blog is beauty full
    xx
    http://petalandplume.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you got a chance to relax...and being online all the time definitely overwhelms me sometimes. I take net vacations often...especially from facebook...because constantly being in the know about everyone's life can cause a lot of noise in my head. (haha, that sounds bad) My idea of relaxing is cooking, quiet dinner, a good book or snuggles on the couch ;)! Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I also need a net vacation! lol. That sounds like a good idea. Your ideas sound great too Kinga. We need to catch up soon! Maybe a little coffee break?

      Delete
    2. yes, a coffee date would be nice. I will e-mail you with some times...let's make this happen lol. Ps. I love your dog! Seriously! She's so sweet!

      Delete