6.17.2013

field of daisies

Last week I went for an evening walk with Scout, only to stumble upon an entire field of daisies. It's neat how the season progresses with different flowers. First blooming trees, then plenty of lilac bushes, followed by wildflowers like the daisies above. Scout was eating them rather than just admiring, so I guess she also approves, lol. I picked a gigantic bunch for our kitchen table which to my surprise has lasted quite well. I'm hoping the field is still blooming when I need a new bunch. Sometimes picking wildflowers or cutting them from your own garden is so much more rewarding than a store-bought bouquet, don't you think?

What's blooming in your city?

10 comments:

  1. Most definitely - cut flower bouquets top the store-bought ones for sure. Love that picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! What a lovely photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwwwww...Puppy got her ears done. That photo is fantastic. Love how the purples magically match her collar. Things are pretty dry here right now for my free flower fix but I can always snip some bright fuchsia bougainvillea for a flower fix. Doesn't last though :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Jen! I was actually shocked our daisies lasted so long – like two weeks! Must be their hardiness since they're growing like weeds! A bouquet from the farmer's market is always a good idea too :)

      Delete
  4. Awwww! Such a precious dog! Lovely photo as well! I followed you via Bloglovin' and cannot wait to see more posts from you!

    xo Emily | Honey Loaf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yay! Glad you were able to find me! Thanks Emily!

      Delete
  5. Oh my God Daniella, I've fallen in love with your photography! How can I subscribe to your blog? I can't find it on Bloglovin'. please let me know! x

    Rocio

    www.letitbecosy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rocio! If you just search "Daniella Marie" on the bloglovin site, it will be the only one to pop up! You can also click on the link on the upper right section of my page here :) I just posted a link given Google Reader shutting down soon. Thanks for following along!

      Delete