5.13.2013

the garden centre + a winner






This past weekend Rick and I took another trip to our local garden centre – a place i'm sure we'll be visiting often in the future. I love it there. So many plants and trees to look at, it's row upon row of endless inspiration and colour. So far, we've planted 10 trees in our backyard... 8 cedars for privacy, a sunset maple, and a yellow butterflies magnolia. I am so excited for the maple to turn a fiery shade of red this fall, and then to witness the yellow magnolia blooming next spring. We also have one more on the way... a crab apple tree with bright pink blooms just starting to blossom. I can't explain what it is about blooming trees in the spring, but each time I pass one it makes my heart just swell... they are just. so. beautiful. As "Tony" from the garden centre said, "It's like nature's smile after the winter season." It really is though, isn't it? If we had unlimited funds, our backyard would be full by now, but I guess we should pace ourselves, lol. (Next year, I'd love to do this...)

Also, speaking of gardens and greenery... we have a winner for the Pure Green Magazine giveaway! Congrats to Milynn of {Love + Whimsy}! I'll be emailing you soon. And thanks again to Pure Green Mag!

Photos: My own of the Cambridge Garden Centre

18 comments:

  1. Your photos are absolutely beautiful! I can't wait to have a place of my own to plant trees and berry bushes and vines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We are so happy this year to have the space... feel so lucky we found a home with such a great backyard!

      Delete
  2. I dream of the day my husband and I will have the proper space to plant a garden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is that tree with those amazing pink blossoms in the fourth photo (third set down)? It is so beautiful I want to cry with joy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ashley! I believe that one was either cherry blossoms, or a tree called almond something... one of the two! There were so many trees there I forget what's what! lol

      Delete
  4. I can't wait to this for my future garden too!

    I see you went for a pink crab apple tree ;)

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did! Just so pretty, and we needed some pink in the backyard, lol.

      Delete
  5. Love the calm atmosphere of your blog.
    Design, photos and the style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Tina! Glad you like it.

      Delete
  6. Daniella, your pictures always have such a tenderness about them. I like this set especially, and garden centres. Everything there feels so possible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sam! That really sweet of you to say!

      I could spend forever at the garden centre... there's just so much to look at and choose from.

      Delete
  7. I want to live in your beautiful world! Oh the photos... I'm enamored! You have a new fan (and follower) who can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous photos, daniella!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful photos, I love gardens

    new at the blog

    xo
    Ruzu

    ReplyDelete