5.31.2013

puppy update

Scout is officially 6 months today and already gigantic! I swear each time I come home she's a little bit bigger. She's adorably sweet though, calm one minute and then crazy excited the next. I love that she can look really proud and totally goofy all at once. Needless to say, we've been pretty busy with her lately!

I keep having to remind myself she's just a puppy, but for such a young age she's actually pretty well-behaved. Training is going well, and she's gradually learning more and more. Her ears are still being taped up, but standing a little bit longer in between each taping. Hopefully we only have till the end of the Summer (and can stop answering the question, "What happened to her ears?!" from random passer-byers).

She loves running around the backyard, chewing on dandelion leaves, squeaky toys, and her deer antler. She does not love dogs on tv, itchy ear tape, going out in the rain, and not being able to sit right directly on top of you during car rides.

For weeks i've been searching for doggy bone cookie cutters to make Scout some homemade treats, and lucky for me, a co-worker of mine was nice enough to pick up these two after spotting them at Bulk Barn of all places. I can't wait to try a couple recipes from this book, which I'm sure Scout will gobble up. It's kind of fun baking your own and skipping all the bad stuff that can come in store-bought treats (just like with any junk food I suppose).

And yes, I know what you're thinking, she's pretty much spoiled around here. Such a cutie.

8 comments:

  1. Awww! I'm happy to hear everything is going well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, she is so spoiled! :) and so big already!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SO big! lol. And only getting bigger!

      Delete
  3. I hope those ears stand proud when they are finished. She is so pretty. Growing so fast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made cookies for my dobermans as well with those cookie cutters! It was a peanut butter banana recipe with oatmeal :)

    I have to say I'm disappointed with the ears; I didn't think they still did that in Canada. We've had 4, all with floppy ears, and they never had an ear problem. They are just like Weimaraners :) Although, we didn't have a choice about the docked tails.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to try a peanut butter recipe next. She loved the cookies I just made over the weekend!

      We didn't have a choice either. They were cropped before we got her! We do like how they look cropped though. We've heard a lot about ear problems with their floppy ears. I guess it depends on the puppy! I think people have a misconception about her ears under the wraps though, lol. It looks like she's hurt, but they healed months ago! They're just wrapped to stand straight, that's all :)

      Delete