4.25.2013

a little life and colour

We only have one room redecorated in our home so far, that being the living room. It's been a slow process, but we plan on having the rest of the house painted later this year, along with putting up new trim. As you can imagine, being a designer, our home is mostly neutral tones of the softest greys and dark charcoal. I love it, but sometimes you do need a little bit of colour. Colour to me means decorative accessories, as well as the odd plant here and there. It'd be nice to pick out a few little succulents to decorate the shelves, and a tall fig leaf tree for the corner of the room. Just a little life to perk the place up a bit, hoping I can keep them alive!

Do you have a green-thumb? Any tips for the best surviving indoor plants? (I hate those "Mother-in-law Tongue" ones, or whatever they're called, lol)

Photos, clockwise: hikihiki (Flickr), Line Thit Klein via yvonne kone, Olivia Rae James

12 comments:

  1. simple beauty. :) gorgeous, Daniella.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mikailah! Hoping to create the same effect in our home.

      Delete
  2. I wish I had some tips! My mother is currently helping me create a small herb garden for my own home... Hopefully I'll pick up some green knowledge from her along the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh a little herb pot is wonderful! I had one with basil, chives, and rosemary last year. It was so handy!

      Delete
  3. I think it's great to get some indoor plants, and these are wonderful photos. I honestly don't know much about it, I know my mom gets some at home, she just does the usual, water, and keep it near the windows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I guess it's just a matter of not forgetting about them! lol

      Delete
  4. I recently understood the power plants have to bright up a house. I always considered myself a plant killer which is why now I go mostly for succulents, and this time I am really committed to keep these little ones alive. let's hope. beautiful pictures, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's so many different kinds of cute little succulents too. Good luck! I'm hoping to pick some up this weekend.

      Delete
  5. I would recommend getting a zeezee plant!

    http://www.bhg.com/gardening/plant-dictionary/houseplant/zeezee-plant/

    It is seriously the easiest plant to take care of - everything it says in the link above is true: I've gone months without watering it and it continued to grow incredibly fast. In fact, it looks fake it's so perfect. I have it in my bedroom which doesn't get direct light, but the room lights up for a little while during the day. My boss gave it to me for Christmas last year but didn't know the name of it. I just recently found out what it is, so I'm excited to share this info with you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, consider getting a peace lily. I've had this plant for about 3 years now and it has such a personality. When it needs water, it will start to sag. After paying attention to it, it perks right up! So cute. http://www.proplants.com/guide/peace-lily-care-guide

    ReplyDelete