1.13.2013

tea for three


This weekend my Mother and Aunt stopped by for tea and a little visit. On Friday I headed to the antique store and found a few of the cutest flowery teacups, and two double-tiered stands for sweets and sandwiches – major score. The tiered stands are so hard to find! I made sandwiches cut into little crustless triangles, mini quiche, salad, scones with butter and jam, and a custard fruit tart served with mimosas. And tea of course. I can only imagine what a wonderful tradition it must have been to take tea back in the day with all the appropriate silverware and bone china. There really was a utensil or dish for everything! So lovely.

How was your weekend?

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful tea cups, would be so fun to get a huge collection right?! Glad you had a great weekend! I worked an amazing wedding yesterday and am taking a lazy Sunday resting my tired feet and catching up :)

    Have a great week hun!

    xoxo
    Tamara Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My! Sounds like a delicious spread!!! You don't mess around lol! Also, I can never go to the antique market and not buy a teacup...

    Wishing you a GREAT week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog, so glad I came across it.
    I just inherited a bunch of vintage teacups from my grandmother, I'm so looking forward to tea times in the future.

    lovely.
    XX TORI
    toribodin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete