1.09.2013

hibernating

After the holidays Winter always starts to seem long to me. So far the weather hasn't been too bad though (compared to my brother in Sylvan Lake, where a cool -20˚C is normal). A little floral prettiness indoors though, is a good reminder than eventually Spring is on the way.

For now i'm hibernating indoors, where I plan to read a few good books, learn to knit a scarf, and prepare our spare room for the perfect office. Rick is leaving me to my own devices, so I plan on creating a little girly, yet sophisticated space... cream walls, ivory curtains, lightly-coloured natural hues, a few antiques, and the perfect wooden desk. Hopefully I can create the look that lives inside my head. Execution is sometimes a challenge for me when it comes to decor. I want it to be an inspiring spot where I can finally work on some ideas i've had for the past while. I need that permanent area that lacks distraction in order to really "hunker down" and concentrate.

What about you? Do you have a corner of your home where you work from consistently? Or are you wherever your laptop takes you?

Also, if you have any inspiring boards of office spaces on Pinterest, please share! I'd love to follow along.

12 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great idea...usually I sit at the kitchen table to do some quick blogging//internet looking around, but when I'm working on a project or need some quiet space, I created an office with everything I Iove. A little girly, but mostly styled mid century modern. It's a space that makes me feel happy...I would highly recommend it for you:) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely a must! Hopefully I can get started soon on mine :)

      Delete
  2. My goodness that sounds cold! It's summer here in New Zealand and, although I prefer the warmer weather, I do enjoy hibernating in the winter.

    Andrea x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need a consistent place to work from because I am a creature of habit so I work from a desk everyday. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Happy New Year to you as well!

      Delete
  4. well said, wherever the laptop takes me -- desk in bedroom/kitchen table/living room couch... i'm new on pinterest and your post prompted me to take a peek at yours. lovely like your blog. (plus i see we share an adoration for ballet beautiful)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks about my Pinterest page! I DO love the Ballet Beautiful videos, I just haven't had a chance to get a consistent schedule going. I bought the DVDs recently though, excited to try them out!

      Delete
  5. Hi Daniella,
    Have a look here: http://best-workplaces.livejournal.com/ Even so it is in Russian language, there are lots of pictures of office spaces;) Hope it will be useful:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Winter makes me lonely and cold but it will be all better in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That photo is so incredibly gorgeous! It feels more like spring or summer here this week. I long for snow.

    ReplyDelete