1.10.2013

good reads



I forgot what it was like to just sit down and read.

I know. Ridiculous, right? Sure, i've read tons of blogs, magazines, how-to, lifestyle, and cook books over the past while, but when I try to remember the last time I got lost in a really great novel, I for the life of me can't remember. I've been swept up in all things online, and miss physically turning the pages of a good story.

Recently, I came across GoodReads (through Rachel & Candice), and I am loving it. I hadn't heard of the site till now, but it's basically a place where you can collect "shelves" books you've read and books you'd like to read, all while interacting with friends, seeking out new titles, rating books, and discovering new recommendations. For 2013, I challenged myself to read 24 books – and by books I mean novels. I've started reading Northanger Abbey, and I am loving the quiet time of getting lost in Jane Austen. It's such a good break to just relax and read.

Are you on GoodReads? If so, let's be friends! And if you decide to join, add me to your list.

11 comments:

  1. H E L L O :)

    I hope you don't mind, it's my first comment on your blog. I just wanted to tell you I love reading your posts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am fan of Jane Austen. Haven't read "Northanger Abbey" but I know I will like it :)

    http://puputnopitasari.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm reading a few that are new to me, and re-reading some others over the next couple months. A little "jane catch-up"!

      Delete
  3. I love Northanger Abbey/anything Austen. I'm actually reading The Jane Austen Bool Club at the moment.
    Ps. You have great taste in books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carolyn! I have to check that one out! I saw the movie, but it'd be neat to see what the book was like.

      Delete
  4. I just came across GoodReads recently too! I think its a great resource to find new books to read :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! I thought my Indigo wishlist would suffice, but I like this a lot better. Way easier to find recommendations and books I forgot about that I definitely want to read.

      Delete
  5. Your copy has such beautiful binding! I always enjoy your photographs. Jane Austen is an excellent author; I may need to read Northanger Abbey in 2013!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Faith! My copy is part of the cloth-bound Penguin classics over at Indigo:

      http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/books/Penguin-Classics-Northanger-Abbey/9780141197715-item.html?ref=item_page:richrel

      They're beautiful, with a ribbon bookmark too!

      Delete
  6. I love Northhanger Abbey - it's such a light, funny read.

    Andrea x

    ReplyDelete