10.22.2012

picking pumpkins...




Over the weekend Rick and I picked out some pumpkins at a nearby farm (I have a strict 'no grocery store pumpkins' rule). There were no shiny, perfectly smooth pumpkins in this patch, but rather knobby ones in orange, red, and yellow hues. I kind of like them better that way. We ended up getting a whole bag of white gourds for free as well (the perks of visiting the farm). They're adorable little things that are perfect for window sills, balcony railings... and according the farmer, scooped, stuffed with wild rice, and baked in the oven.

We may have also gone a little overboard with the Halloween decorations. Somehow a fog machine came home with us. All I can say is we better have kids come by our block or it'll be just us, a misty yard, and multiple bags of candy.

On second thought... that might not be so bad.

8 comments:

  1. What a cute piece of text to go along with such cool pictures! I want to get what the hype is over pumpkins-- everyone seems so in love with them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, I don't think it's hype, just a fun, Fall favourite!

      Delete
  2. I love how you captured the textures on them with your shots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Will! They're were some pretty crazy looking ones there, lol.

      Delete
  3. Ooooh I like these photos! I prefer the odd-looking ones too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy. The odd pumpkins are the best ones eh?

      Delete
  4. No grocery pumpkin rule over here too!
    They are my favorite vegetable/decoration :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just better that way! I still have gourds out, but all our neighbours are getting ready for Christmas, lol...

      Delete