8.13.2012

tea for three...

Over the weekend I went for tea with my maid of honour and Rick's mother, at a country house hotel called Langdon Hall. It's a beautiful estate tucked back in the woodlands of Cambridge, Ontario, and the perfect place for english tradition. Tea is held in a light and airy sunroom (to the right in the photo above), with gorgeous window panes and the most comfortable wicker furniture. We enjoyed afternoon tea, with delicious, soft, crumbling scones in lemon and poppy seed, small savoury bites, and an array a little sweet treats. I think my favourite was the scones though, complete with honey-infused butter, fresh devon cream, and raspberry preserves. The little lemon meringue tartlet was pretty good too.











Every time I go for a full afternoon tea like this I leave obsessed with the idea of owning an old english home, with floral print textiles and the prettiest garden of wildflowers and seasonal vegetables. I would love to have my own little secret garden complete with the locked gate and vintage brass key. Fortunately Langdon Hall has everything but the brass key (as far as I know). We left feeling so content and relaxed, a little garden stroll was definitely in order!

Part two of these photos coming up tomorrow...

P.S. The first photo turned out way too overexposed, as I was rushing to get out of the middle of the road before a car came. However, I love how in black and white this shot looks almost vintage – if the modern cars weren't out front of course. I love that about film.

15 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. You should see if there's any tearooms near you Jocee. It's a great afternoon!

      Delete
  2. These are such lovely scenes!! Especially love that photo of the mini desserts. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These photos are stunning as usual. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my what a lovely place! I wish we had a great tea place in my city!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should do a little searching! I bet you have one somewhere!

      Delete
  5. My favourite shots of yours to date. I will DEFINITELY have to make my way here (it's been on my to-do list for some time)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How very Downton Abbey of you! I'm dying to attend a tea party, or throw one. Pretty pics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What incredible captures of such a beautiful ritual!

    ReplyDelete