8.14.2012

in the garden...






Langdon Hall has the prettiest organic garden, with gorgeous flowers lining gravel paths and gated entryways. It's a Victorian dream. Beyond the hotel cottages and croquet lawn, there's a little white gate that leads to the garden itself. We spotted a number of veggies including zucchini, pumpkins, tomatoes, cabbage, artichoke plants and more. The further back in the garden you walk, the more wild and unkept the flowers look, as the butterflies and bees flutter about everywhere. I could spend hours getting lost in such a place, relaxing in the sun, and reading a good book. I'm now wondering how I can convince Rick to turn our backyard into a little English oasis next year...

I wish I had brought more film with me though. I was unaware the garden was so grand until we had a walk around. Note to self – always have back up film. If you like however, I have other digital pics on instagram. Follow me @daniellamz

21 comments:

  1. these are absolutely gorgeous! i want to hang them in my bedroom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Jocee! That's sweet of you!

      Delete
  2. This is such a dreamy garden! I'd love to get lost in it.

    ** I'll be checking you out on instagram! I love your photos :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Milynn! I think I approved you on Instagram now! I have my account on private due to all the crazy spammers, lol...

      Delete
  3. These are SO gorgeous! Oh. my. word, Daniella. I agree, Jocee. I want to frame these and hang them in my room. Wow. :) I love the 2nd one, especially. :)

    xo,
    Mikailah @ finding beauty
    www.maid4him.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this garden...so simple and so perfect

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a very old fashioned garden (which I love). Snowball bushes, black eyed Susans, roses, trumpet vine. Just like my grandmother's collection. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I love that you picked up on that, as they describe on their website how when the place was bought they restored the garden back to what it used to be like. I love these classic flowers throughout.

      Is there a difference between snowball bushes and hydrangeas? We thought they were hydrangeas, but they we're like the size of our heads! Gorgeous!

      Delete
  6. your photos are stunning but they are even more lovely now that I realized you shot with film... amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to sneak through that gateway and see what's on the other side...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful garden! I love it that you use film for your photos.
    Ada

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh, i wish i could live in such a garden,
    it's right out of a dream ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my god.. love this garden and your pics..

    ReplyDelete