7.25.2012

wedding wednesday {no.20}...






I know. It's been ages since the last "Wedding Wednesday" post. Oops. So I made a point to take some photos of one very important piece of our wedding – the invites! I never thought i'd get to check off all my wishes when it came to our wedding invitations, but somehow, it all came together. I owe a lot of that to my good friend Amanda of Silverplate Press, who made my letterpress dreams come true. I designed each piece, and it was then printed with custom plates and perfectly mixed inks, with a blind "logo" emboss, on the softest Crane paper. I could not be happier with the results! I know a lot of time and effort went into it on Amanda's behalf, but there you have it, my dream invitations... classic, elegant, and letterpress printed. 

To top it all off, I went back and forth with the decision to have the outer envelopes hand-addressed. Also a part of the invitation pipedream, I knew it was going to be pricey, but the results are gorgeous. After looking around on various sites and wedding blogs, I came across Grace Edmands – a calligrapher out of North Carolina, who is truly talented. So professional and so sweet, I was thrilled to work with her.

Last week I stamped, stuffed and sealed (while narrowly avoiding glue-poisoning) almost 130 invites, hand-cancelled them at the post office, and mailed them off to our guests to be arriving any day now. I can't wait for everyone to receive them, and to start getting replies back. I've never been so excited to check the mail.

16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Brittany! I love them. I hope our guests like them too :)

      Delete
  2. They are absolutely GORGEOUS! I love them, and they definitely were worth all of the time, effort and money put into them. So beautiful and glad you were able to get your dream invites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so happy with how they turned out! Glad they're finally mailed too, lol.

      Delete
  3. They are so stunning! And that calligraphy is beyond gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love the calligraphy, she is soooo good at it!

      Delete
  4. these are absolutely gorgeous!
    xo, cheyenne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply stunning! All of it...you, Amanda, and Grace are a dream team! GORGEOUS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! Letterpress invites were a dream of mine too... instead I went with home embossing, but still loved the personal feel. I'm sure your guests will be over the moon!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty, what a gorgeous purple color you picked.

    ReplyDelete