7.14.2012

rain dance...

I now know why people want it to rain in the Summer time. Our grass is burnt to a crisp. There's straw-coloured tuffs of what's left, all spotty around the yard, and the rest is mostly dirt. At first I was pretty disappointed, but as I looked around I realized almost everyone else's grass is in the same shape. It hasn't rained since this last photo I took at the loft, where a few little drops of rain were glistening on the balcony. Turns out there's a water ban too - we can only water once-a-week. Sigh. I supposed that lush green backyard where you can feel the cool grass underfoot will have to wait till next year. 

Tomorrow we're headed to an annual Summer picnic with Rick's family. I'm planning on bringing my Yashica along and, hopefully, taking a few nice shots. I'm pretty excited, I love these picnics.

10 comments:

  1. i live in central texas, and you just voiced our thoughts *perfectly*. i am glad though, considering it poured every day this week. ah, rain. such a lovely development.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's too funny actually, as I was joking with Rick saying, "What? Did we buy a house in Texas?", because of the dry lawn, lol! Glad you got some rain :)

      Delete
  2. Did you get any rain over the weekend??? It poured at our place on Sunday in the Orangeville area! Thankfully we have well water so no water ban for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We got a little bit! Emphasis on little, lol.

      Delete
  3. You should get a rain barrel! That's how I have been trying to salvage my scorched garden and lawn this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know what? My Dad actually just got us one, we need to put it in the backyard this week!

      Delete
  4. Just discovered your lovely photography and beautiful space here today. So glad to have happened upon you! ~heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's sort of funny because here it won't stop raining. Yesterday I didn't even leave the house because it was raining all day. It didn't stop even once!

    ReplyDelete
  6. picnics are great, have fun! can't wait to see the pictures :)
    xo, cheyenne

    ReplyDelete