7.30.2012

annual summer picnic...









Each Summer Rick's family and a few friends get together for an all-day picnic in the park. They've been doing it since Rick was a child, and it's a tradition his cousins and us hope to continue. There's always an abundance of food, with a pasta lunch (boiled in the park with a propane-powered pot), a bbq dinner, fruit, desserts, espresso, and homemade wine. There's something about gathering in the park under a shady tree, pulling the picnic tables together and unpacking coolers that just screams Summer. I like the tradition, and the exhausted, relaxed feeling, after heading home from being outside all day. It's a great way to spend a Sunday...

Does your family have any Summer traditions?

23 comments:

  1. I've only managed one picnic so far this summer - must fit another one in but who knows, this is London...! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's hoping for a sunny weekend so you can have another!

      Delete
  2. what a fun trip! i should try this with my family sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anything that has to do with food and family is my favorite activity! A BBQ family dinner is a summer tradition at my house. We cook for over 20 people and invite everyone and their friends over. It's a great time :) I had one just this weekend actually!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds good too! Any summer outdoor meal is great.

      Delete
  4. these pictures are amazing, it's like i'm at the barbecue myself!
    xo, cheyenne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is that Kiwanis Park? Oh the memories.
    I love the jug of Carlo Rossi, it looks like my family BBQ's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anita, this is actually Mohawk Park. Isn't the jug hilarious? I'm pretty sure it's their own homemade wine.

      Delete
  6. The Coleman cooler! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds like fun!

    I had my first picnic of the summer on Sunday. Love the Coleman cooler <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. oooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i love your photos Daniella! such a little gathering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Luisa! That means a lot coming from you!

      Delete
  9. What a great tradition and it looks like you had some delicious food and fun times. Summer picnics are the best! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely good. I think they're actually having another near the end of the month!

      Delete
  10. I absolutely love these photos. Just what summer should be: nature, family and good food.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just found your pretty blog! I just had a picnic in the park last night here in Austin Texas. We picniced then swam in the springs. A great summer tradition!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love seeing that jug of Carlo Rossi. My dad's been drinking it for as long as I can remember.

    ReplyDelete