5.01.2012

purple leaf sand cherry...




The other day I went for a walk at lunch, just to get a little fresh air. It was rainy and colder than I thought, realizing half way down the path that I wasn't really dressed warm enough (the hazards of spring). I cut the walk short, taking a side trail that opens up behind some neighboorhood homes in the area, and ended up walking right by this beautiful flowering tree. Luckily I had my camera with me and snapped a few quick pics. My Mom swears that the tree outside Rick and I's new home (which wasn't blooming at the time) is like this one – Purple Leaf Sand Cherry. I hope she's right.

Photos: Canon S95

10 comments:

  1. these are so beautiful.
    i like how the little blossoms feel somewhat cold, just like the first days of spring

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! It was definitely on the colder side that day!

      Delete
  2. so beautiful. your photos are stunning. i love stumbling upon beautiful little surprises like this! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sophie, the little surprises are always nice!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful! Cherry blossoms are my favorite thing about spring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are absolutely beautiful! I'm in awe <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh. I hope your tree is like this one, too. It's beautiful. Like a love letter from God.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't you love that? Coming across something absolutely lovely without expecting it, without looking for it. It feels like such a treat!

    Beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful, Daniella! I hope that your Mom is right :) x

    ReplyDelete