5.12.2012

pomegranate berry smoothie with hemp seeds...



My latest smoothie included a whole bunch of of antioxidant, berry goodness. There's something about a classic berry smoothie that's always delicious...

1/2 - 1 cup of unsweetened pomegranate juice
Mixed organic frozen berries (I used blueberries, blackberries, strawberries & raspberries)
A spoonful or so of organic hemp seeds (high in protein & omega fats)
A spoonful or so of organic chia seeds
Filtered water (to thin it out)

Because this smoothie has so many berries with seeds, I recommend blending it for longer than usual so it's pretty much liquified. I then strain the blended mixture into my glass with a small sieve. It's much more enjoyable this way, so i'm not choking down gritty seeds with every sip. For some reason they just don't break down in the blender like the chia and hemp (my blender isn't that powerful to begin with). Enjoy!

Photo: Canon S95

No comments:

Post a Comment