5.05.2012

chocolate banana chia seed smoothie...



This weekend I decided to add a little chocolate to my smoothie to make it a sweet + healthy treat. Not for every morning, but a bright and sunny Saturday certainly deserves one, don't you think? This one is pretty simple and can be whipped up in no time...

Almond Milk (I used vanilla)
One frozen banana
Organic Cocoa powder
Chia Seeds (About a tbsp)
Square of dark, 71% chocolate
Red berries (I used raspberries)
Water and ice cube (to thin it out)

Again I just mix up the ingredients based on taste, so feel free to adjust to your liking! You need just enough almond milk and water added in first for your blender to easily whip things up.

Also, last time I posted a smoothie recipe someone mentioned the cleanup after. Here's a great trick I learned... after you're done making your smoothie, add water and some dish soap and give it a whirl. All the little bits will come loose in the bottom and just rinse to finish cleaning.

Hope you're all having a good weekend!

Photo: Canon S95 

20 comments:

  1. I made a cocoa/banana smoothie today and didn't even think to put chia seeds in it, I bet yours was delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they're a good little bonus to add in and you don't even taste them!

      Delete
  2. this sounds and looks amazing! definitely need to try it! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the clean-up tip. Why didn't I think of that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, when I heard that too I was like, Ohhhhhh right. Of course. lol!

      Delete
  4. This certainly is a treat for a Sunday morning. Can't wait to try it. :)
    Ada

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have been so interested to try chia seeds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so easy to add into everything! The other day I added a bunch to pasta sauce and ground it all up. You can't even tell and they're so good for you.

      Delete
  6. I'm not eating dairy or gluten this month so this sounds like the perfect smoothie for me to make as a treat, can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it's perfect for you then! I always feel better after cutting back on dairy as well.

      Delete
  7. A girl after my own heart. Smoothies are always a fave and chocolate I can't resist. Thanks for the recipe Daniella. I know what I'll be making this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks incredible! I've been meaning to incorporate chia seeds into my diet since reading about them in Runner's World. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Delicious! I haven't ever tried chia seeds before, but this sounds great—I might have to pick some up next time I make a trip to Whole Foods :) Thanks for sharing this, Daniella!

    Wishing you a wonderful weekend ahead,

    x
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been on a smoothie kick lately! My husband likes to drink my latest concoction after workouts: ice, banana, chocolate milk, greek yogurt (just a little), peanut butter (just a little) and flaxseed. It's really tasty! I want to try chia seeds next time...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a great mix! I would try swapping the chocolate milk for for raw cacao powder though, and add some water. Chocolate milk has a lot of sugar in it and it's acidifying for the body, yikes!

      The chia seeds are worth trying too!

      Delete
  11. oh, now i cannot wait for spring/summer to try this out!
    maybe i can do it with some frozen berries like, right now ; )

    ReplyDelete