5.12.2012

the best of spring...










There is seriously nothing better than flowering trees in the Spring. I love the soft pink tones, the sweet scent, and delicate petals scattered across the ground. It's a time that's so short lived, it makes me anxious to grab my camera and head out to snap some photos at every possible moment. 

I spotted this tree on a back road on my way to work the other day, and walked over today to take some photos during lunch. Rick and I are hoping to plant some trees in our backyard once we move, and a gorgeous flowering one will definitely be a must.

Also, thank you to everyone who participated in the survey I posted a few weeks ago. I really appreciate you all taking the time to answer! I received some really great feedback and so many sweet notes that i'll definitely be putting to good use.

I hope you all have a lovely Mothers Day weekend! 

Photos: Canon S95

19 comments:

  1. What beautiful colours! Looking at these photographs just makes me smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's all I got. Just Wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Took me forever to narrow all these down, lol... I always take way too many with digital!

      Delete
  3. oh these are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely, and so great that you captured the bee :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It took me about 20 tries, but I was still surprised I managed to capture one! They move so fast.

      Delete
  5. Oh my goodness, these are gorgeous - just the right shade of pink. ANd the bee!! Fantastic. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was really excited about the bee pic, lol...

      Delete
  6. Wow....love that you captured the bee....very impressive and the colors are so sharp! really beautiful photos! how do you like your canon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I do like it, but I wish at times that I had a T2i or T3i (on my "save for" list), so I could achieve a little more depth. The other thing I find about the S95 is that I have to scale back the saturation, sometimes colours are too bright, knocking out some of the detail... does that make sense? For a point and shoot though, it's pretty good!

      Delete
    2. forgot to update you on this camera subject lol...sorry! we just got a d3000 ...started using it and its pretty good as a "starter" camera...hopefully i'll get better at it and post some pictures

      Delete
  7. Love these colourful spring photos! I love the smell of the lilacs that are out in full bloom now too! Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete