4.11.2012

wedding wednesday {no.19}...




So obviously it's not wednesday (i'm getting really bad at getting these ready for wednesday eh? lol...) but I was too excited to not share some photos of our save the date today! My friend Amanda did such a wonderful job printing them and taking some photos of her own, so I thought i'd just share some of hers here (more on her blog).

I wanted to keep our wedding stationery as simple and elegant as possible. As a graphic designer, it's really, really hard to settle on one design for myself, so I wanted to make sure we had something classic and not too trendy that i'd still love years from now. While wedding stationery may not be as important to some people, it's really exciting for me! (And Rick just pretends it's exciting, lol).

As Amanda started the printing process she messaged me that the lavender colour we picked was proving to be a little difficult to mix, and coming up too red as the ink dried. We ended up meeting in between where we both live, at a highway-side Starbucks, to pick out a new Pantone colour. Lucky we did, as they new colour worked out so much better. I'm so appreciative of Amanda taking the time to mix just the right colour!

I knew I wanted to have a little bit of lavender and a darker, almost black-brown for main copy, but I also wanted to have a little bit of flair, hence the blind emboss of Rick and I's initials. It turned out just how I envisioned it! The blind emboss will flow throughout all the stationery items, hopefully including our thank you notes. Everything is printed on the softest, thick cotton paper from Crane - perfect for letterpress printing, and I hand-cancelled them at the post office so there's no digital codes running across our custom stamps.

I'm so happy with how it all turned out! What do you think? Can't wait to get our invites started... which Amanda will be printing of course!

Photos: Amanda Keenan, Silverplate Press in Toronto, ON

18 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful. So elegant and classy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet! I loved printing them for you, and I can't wait to do the rest! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very elegant and understated. Now I want to see the invite too. Would love to try my hand at designing some letterpressed cards someday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank dagmara! Invites will be shared here eventually too. You should totally get some letterpress cards done. It makes every design so much prettier in my opinion!

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness they are stunning. I love the elegance letterpress brings to stationery...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Britt! I love what it adds as well.

      Delete
  5. absolutely lovely!! well done! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Classic and chic. Love them.

    Andrea x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I was going for! Thanks Andrea!

      Delete
  7. These turned out beautifully! They are so simple and elegant, Daniella!

    ReplyDelete