4.28.2012

a glass of sunshine...


Every morning I try to make a delicious smoothie as I head out the door. This morning I had a little more time to get creative and mixed up this perfect glass of sunshine... 

Frozen mango & peaches
Freshly squeezed juice of one organic lime
A few mint leaves
A teaspoon or so of organic, unrefined coconut oil

There was no real measurements, just a little of this and a little of that until it tasted right. The lime juice gives it the perfect tartness and the coconut oil adds a little nutritional boost. Yum.

Photo: Instagram

17 comments:

  1. This looks delicious Daniella.. Lately i have been juicing more than blending smoothies - but i love this sunshine theme! I will have to try it..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to get a juicer! We added the Breville one to our registry, lol... Smoothies are good too for the mornings!

      Delete
  2. Oh my, that sounds absolutely delicious-- and such a good idea! Completely healthy way to get full and energized!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True! I like when I have time to make a drink like this...

      Delete
  3. Sounds and looks yummy! Enjoy your weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! Thanks Tamara, hope your weekend went well too!

      Delete
  4. looks and sounds delicious!
    xo, cheyenne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to drink that! What an amazing mix of ingredients x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely nice and tangy, I love it!

      Delete
  6. I've been on a smoothie kick here lately, too. It'll last until I get tired of cleaning the blender a million times. ;) That sounds yummy.

    I hate that the photo place mucked up your film. It's such a disappointment when that happens. But your digital shots are gorgeous, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you know what a GREAT trick is? Once you're done blending, add some water and dish soap to the blender and give it a whirl, it'll clean up all the leftover bits, and then just rinse it in the sink. Super quick and easy.

      Thanks about the photos too!

      Delete
  7. this looks and sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have inspired me to smoothie greatness.

    ReplyDelete