12.22.2011

have a very merry christmas...




It took me up until 3 days before Christmas, but i'm officially excited. I can't wait to have some time off and celebrate the holiday with family and friends. Christmas Eve will bring dinner at a friend of the family's, Christmas Day eating lots of yummy food, and then dessert that evening with Rick's family. After Christmas, it's an annual meetup with my best friend including spinach dip and exchanging gifts. I'm hoping those 4 days off feel like a really, reeeally long weekend.

I took these photos last time I was at my parents house. Can't wait to get back and add some more gifts under such a colourful tree. I plan on taking a lot of Christmasy photos as well... so hope you're still in the holiday mood up until New Year's, lol.

I hope you all have a great time celebrating over the next few days. Stay warm, eat some good food and enjoy some tea or cocoa! Also, thank you for joining me this year on my new blog. I'm really liking the direction it's headed in, as well as posting more of my own photos. It's been much more creative and personal, and i'm glad I made the switch. Have a good one!


Photos: My own, from film.
P.S. Don't forget to enter Katarina's 2012 Grain & Silk calendar giveaway! I will be drawing a winner after Christmas.

23 comments:

  1. Love the cheerful bokeh colours. Happy Christmas, Daniella!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Alexandria, have a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so beautiful! I love how you captured the lights. I just posted pictures of my family's Christmas tree today, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that such a wonderful christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wish you a beautiful time with your beloved ones Daniella! Merry merry Christmas =)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Christmas Daniella, I hope you enjoy your time off. I wish both you and Rick a very special Christmas, as it's the only one where you'll be engaged. May each year bring you beautiful surprises.

    ... and I brought the candle to work...

    Vie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kate - Thank you! I'll have to come stop by and take look.

    Amy - Hope you have a great Christmas! Thanks you for all your sweet comments this year :)

    Eleni - Same to you! I hope you have a wonderful time with family and friends :)

    Vie - Such a good point! I just realized that. I'm looking forward to the new year. I hope you and your family have a great Christmas! All the craziness will be well worth it in the end.

    I wish I could burn my candle to work too, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I love colored lights. Aren't they magical?
    I hope your Christmas is every bit as wonderful as you imagine it to be. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The colorful lights are beautiful!

    I wish you a wonderful and quiet christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! How did you get the lights to come out like that in the background? Merry Xmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Miz.November - I love the coloured glow! Hope you have a wonderful Christmas! Thank you for all the comments you've left :)

    Kristin - Thank you! Same to you :)

    Suzie - Happy Christmas to you!

    Andi - I focused the lens only on the foreground (i.e. the tea cup), so when the background goes out of focus you get a "bokeh" of all those small twinkling lights... you can do it with any lights really, try it out! Merry Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am very happy to end the year while discovering new blogs like yours and our shared love of film photography ... joyeux noël :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you dropped by Nathalie! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wish you a wonderful Christmas, Daniella!
    Ada

    ReplyDelete
  15. Merry Christmas Daniella, have a lovely and relaxing time, looking forward to all the photos :)

    xo Katarina

    ReplyDelete
  16. Merry Christmas! I hope it is cozy and relaxing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amazing pictures;)
    Mery Christmas for You;)
    M.

    ReplyDelete
  18. i just read your blog from beginning to end. love it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I would say "to you too" but now its more like "i hope you had one too"...=]

    xo
    Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you everyone for all the holiday wishes! I hope you all had a GREAT Christmas!

    I'm officially looking forward to an exciting new year! It's going to be a busy one :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the colourful (not - so - round) bokeh!
    I look forward to reading all about your holidays & continuing to follow your blog! All the best,

    Karyn

    ReplyDelete