12.05.2011

from the weekend...









Last Friday I took the day off and refrained from the digital world... besides a few instagram photos from the snowy morning, and then the sunny afternoon, it was nice to "unplug" for a bit.

I did a little exercising, made some home-cooked meals, and spent the afternoon shooting some film at a local tree farm. The scent of pine in the air was just wonderful and the light was perfect... just an hour or so before setting. It was fun to take a peek around and see a few families here and there excitedly cutting down their tree. I can't wait for Rick and I to cut down our own tree next Christmas. I think that's going to be a really fun "first", so I decided to wait and didn't pick up a small one for myself. I might do something different like gathered branches with sparkly mini ornaments... we'll see.

Photos: My own, from film

8 comments:

  1. Love your shots (the instagram ones rock!!). So you go and cut your own tree? That's amazing.. we only have pre-cut or, of course, fake ones in Crete. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! It's tradition for my husband's family to go to this exact farm to cut down a tree every year. We usually go wearing silly Christmas hats...the whole family including the kids...and then we go home and trim the tree and watch Christmas Vacation...We're going on the 17th this year and I can't wait!

    Love your photos, and now I have a craving for apple cider! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm planning on going to pick out my Christmas tree at a tree farm this week, you've got me really excited with your pictures! Happy Holidays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This place looks so cute!
    Where exactly is it? We went last weekend and our tree was much more expensive. I'd like to find a more cost effective tree for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eleni - Thank you! Yes, I have more pics to share of the actually Christmas tree field where you go out with your own saw and cut down a tree. I haven't cut one down yet, but it seems like a fun tradition!

    Kinga - Aw, that's so nice! I hope to start a tradition like that some day. Sounds like something fun to look forward to! This place was great too, all the employees are really friendly.

    Karyn - Have fun getting your tree!

    Designwali - Thank you!

    Jacquelyn - It's called Benjamin Christmas Tree Farm in Waterloo, closer to St.Jacobs right on Benjamin Road. They're open everyday up until Christmas Eve I believe. It's a nice place! Muddy, lol... but I had my rain boots on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks lovely, Daniella. I can't wait to get our Christmas tree. The home is almost decorated, but it won't feel entirely festive until then. isn't the scent of fresh pine amazing? :)
    Ada

    ReplyDelete