12.16.2011

cookie exchange...













This past weekend and few friends and I decided to get together for a little Christmas visit with our guys. We decided to have a cookie exchange, and I knew I had to make my favourite Christmas cookie – whipped shortbread. Soft and fluffy, I much prefer this shortbread to the denser classic kind (although I wouldn't pass up a piece of that either). The best part though... they are beyond easy to make, so you can whip up a batch in no time.

Whipped Shortbread

1 cup of softened butter (not melted)
1 & 1/2 cups of flour
1/2 a cup of icing sugar

Blend all the ingredients together, then form small drops of batter by hand and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Flatten the tops a little to hold some sprinkles, then bake at 350˚F for 15 mins, until edges look lightly golden brown. Enjoy!

...

I made a few batches for our party and headed to Sandi's place to find peanut butter bacon cookies (yes, you read that right, lol), lemon cookies (yummy Amanda!), crushed candycane chocolate cookies, and little peanut butter ones topped with chocolate rosebuds... so good!

Do you ever participate in a Christmas cookie exchange? I'd love to know your favourite kinds.

Photos: My own, from film

10 comments:

  1. I feel pretty confident in the kitchen, but shortbread is one thing that I can just never get right! I will definitely have to try your version

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jacquelyn - This recipe is so easy! Let me know if you try it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photos turned out great!! :) Guess you didn't need that 2nd roll after all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. these might be the prettiest baking photos ever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amanda - I know! I managed to get the few essential shots... i'm learning what's best to shoot for film.

    Amy - Aw, thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy holidays - was just blog hopping and came across your blog - love the snow effects!

    All the best for a grand holiday season,
    Katie from
    www.westiejulep.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This photography is excellent! I wish that I could step into that warm, sweet-smelling world and try one of those cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These sound delicious! I might have to make them for my company cookie exchange. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cookie exchanges must be a North American tradition - I had never even heard of cookie exchanges until this year, but I am thinking it is something I will have to introduce to my friends and family next year.

    Andrea x

    ReplyDelete