10.05.2011

wedding wednesday {no.7}...


This past Sunday Rick and I headed to what is probably one of the best appointments – cake! I met Shari Yates at a local bridal show, where I first tried a sample of her amazing cake. It was so good, paired with the perfect buttercream icing. I had to have Rick try it too.

What I really loved about the appointment was how well Shari pulled all the details together... mini heart-shaped samples on silver serving trays, with small containers of icing to mix and match, a beautiful place setting complete with silver charter plates, and full-size sample wedding cakes placed around the room. You know someone really puts a lot of effort into their product when they pay attention to those kinds of details. Everything just looked great together!

With vanilla, chocolate, and raspberry icing, we tried vanilla, lemon, chocolate, and red velvet cake. It was beyond delicious! Rick kept pretending he was going to take off with all the icing containers, lol. We had totally forgotten about red velvet cake though, an almost vanilla flavour with just a hint of cocoa, and it was by far our favourite. Paired with the vanilla buttercream it was an easy choice. We're going to be doing 7 tiers of cupcakes with a small 6" fondant cake up top. The cupcakes will be wrapped with a lace-patterned paper liner and i'm also thinking about doing a lace fondant pattern on the cake part, kind of like the photo above... we'll see. I can't wait to see how it all turns out, and to eat some of course!

One more thing checked off the list...

Photo: Via Style Me Pretty, by Infinity Photography

11 comments:

  1. how fun! i am sure it will turn out amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. O.M.G. Please tell me that I can have one! lol! I'm kinda drooling just thinking about it! lol! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daily Cup of Couture - It was a lot of fun!

    Amy - I hope so too :) Wish I could share some!

    Amanda - Hahaha you'll get one, don't you worry! They're going to be awesome, i'm excited.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm, that sounds delicious, Daniella! How fun that must have been! That cake in the photograph is so pretty... *sigh*

    xx, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you're doing cupcakes with a small cake up top. And the red velvet is going to look so gorgeous!! I totally think you should go with a lacy overlay on the fondant cake. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such special memories! Red velvet cake is my favorite too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lovely!!

    xo

    www.PlumPrettySugar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds yummy! I'm sorry to hear about your accident - but glad you're safe! Funnily, I have a tendency to worry, and one of my biggest fears was that I'd get in an accident close to the wedding and either be on crutches down the aisle or have a bruised face :( It's a bit stressful cuz the entire year of planning leads up to that one day! Thankfully, all went well :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. sounds wonderful! I would love a lace all-white cake. how gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete