10.07.2011

thanksgiving weekend...









Thanksgiving weekend has officially arrived here in Canada, along with Fall in full swing! The leaves have changed colour, farmer's fields have been plowed of their stalks, and there's a distinct scent of dried leaves in the air. The sun is definitely starting to set sooner, but there's nothing like that pure Autumn glow! It's the perfect weather really, where it's slightly cool with your car windows down, but the sunshine is just strong enough to keep you cozy and warm...

Happy to be heading to my hometown this weekend, where Rick and I will be spending Thanksgiving dinner together with both of our families on Monday. I'm so looking forward to way too much food and lots of apple pie. Hopefully I can sneak in a walk or two as well and enjoy this gorgeous weather. Hope you all have a great weekend!

P.S. Doesn't the above just look like the perfect country life? Love all the plaid!

Photos: By Craig Owen, styling by Marina Didovich, for Fashion NZ, via Dustjacket Attic

13 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful weekend ....and enjoy every bite of that apple pie.....xv

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg i miss thanksgiving back home and my mom and grammas cooking! not to mention the apple picking leading up to it! still have a month to go down here in the US :(. beautiful post! enjoy all the deliciousness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of those pictures! Really makes me want to hop in the car tomorrow morning and take a jont out to the country :-) happy Canadian Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh cool! I didn't know Canadian Thanksgiving was so early! And it's great that apple pie isn't just an American thing. It's SO GOOD! Love the photos - makes me excited for our fall weather down south here.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you are having a beautiful Thanksgiving weekend.
    These photos are gorgeous. I love all of the clothes! Especially that long plaid dress in the 5th pic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful photos and just the way I remember Thanksgiving looking !
    I miss it sometimes, I love autumn and it is natural to expect Thanksgiving too .. here, it is Spring and getting warmer every day .. So Very Un-Thanksgiving-like !

    ReplyDelete
  7. These pictures are beautiful - I love them all the more for being in my homeland.

    Andrea x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a beautiful Thanksgiving weekend...apple pie, just delish!

    Thank you so much for the linkback.
    hugs DJ

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the plaids too. What a beautiful editorial. Hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving weekend.
    Ada

    ReplyDelete
  10. hope you had a great weekend! love this photo series.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! These photos make me happy. I love the last one - PERFECT! Hope you have a lovely day!!

    Kristin xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE seeing all this plaid! perfect indicator of fall.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That plaid dress is the stuff that dreams are made of... These photos make me want to go out and buy a bunch of sweaters and a whole new fall wardrobe.

    xoxo
    Hols

    ReplyDelete