9.28.2011

wedding wednesday {no.5 + 6}...


Unfortunately last week I missed Wedding Wednesday, but happy to be sharing a little more of the plans today with two major tasks accomplished. Last weekend my Maid of Honour and I headed back to the dress shop so I could show her "the dress", and luckily she loved it just as much as I do! Having her there to see the dress was one of those crazy wedding moments... sort of like, "Wow. I can't believe i'm here, trying on wedding dresses, with my best friend." I'm happy it went so well.

We also got the chance to try out some bridesmaids dresses and I think we've found the perfect one! It's a strapless dress by Bill Levkoff, chiffon instead of the usual satin, with a sweetheart neckline and a hem that falls just below the knee. It's flowing and elegant, and amazingly... comes in the EXACT colour I was imagining in my head. That never happens. It's called Victorian Lilac, and blends in perfectly. It looks a little different online (it's not as grey in real life), but you can take a peek here. We haven't decided quite yet, but it's a high contender.

This past Saturday was a big one though, as I officially said yes to the dress! I've tried on the same dress 3 times now, and never want to take it off. It's elegant and sophisticated in a gorgeous shade of ivory and I can't wait for Rick to see me in it! It was nerve wracking choosing a dress so early (I won't see it for 8 months now!), but at the same time it was also a really easy choice. I wish I could show you all, but I just can't take the chance. However, i'll be sure to show you in a year or so!

Also, remember those engagement photos I promised? I haven't forgotten. I'll have them soon, and can't wait to share...

Photo: Via Snippet & Ink by photographer Molly Watson

15 comments:

  1. congrats my darling! what an exciting time! it is such a wonderful feeling deciding on your wedding dress ... mine was the very first one I tried on!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Daniella! Congrats on saying yes to the dress! I know what you mean about it being surreal. I got married just over a month ago and remember the 'moment' was nothing like the TV show SYTTD makes it out to be. In fact, my best friend started crying (not me!) and my mom beamed a wide smile and said 'this is it!' That's how I knew! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah! progress feels good doesn't it? love the bridesmaid dresses...totally wearable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the bridesmaids dresses! so simple and elegant.
    can't wait to see yours:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so much fun following your wedding planning! I love where it's going, and that bridesmaid dress is very elegant and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Daniella, these are the extra special, fun moments! Love love love the dress and I instantly knew exactly which color it was when I saw all of the swatches from your link. It's that perfect lilac/lavender—heavenly!

    xx, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on saying yes to the dress, it's a great feeling yes??? Love the bridesmaid dress, gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so exciting! lovely photo and lovely bridesmaid dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations!!! The photo is just heavenly too!

    xo

    www.PlumPrettySugar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful bridesmaids dress! Great color.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How wonderful you've found your dress! Mine was ivory too, I had it custom-made by a very talented designer and I had my contribution to it which only made me love it even more. The bridesmaid dress is beautiful! :)
    Ada

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing all your wedding details with us, Daniella. What an exciting time for you. Keep the wedding posts coming as I look forward to every one.

    Kel x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes. To both. How beautiful, and I know just what shade you mean concerning the Victorian Lilac. All monitors are slightly different, but the colour is what strikes one. I love colour, and have studied it a lot. Some colours are hard to describe and your lilac is one of them. But I know which colour you mean. Good choice.

    And congratulations on your wedding. May you both be very happy for a lifetime.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I hope you choose that bridesmaid dress! It's stunning & classic! Love it! :). Can't wait to see your engagement photos!

    Ps: I thought there was an error when I commented on you blog post with photos of your cat, so there is two comments basically saying the same thing, sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  15. love your bridesmaid dress choice!!! congrats on finding THE dress!

    ReplyDelete