8.19.2011

peach season...



It's officially peach season here in Ontario and I couldn't be happier. I love peaches, especially during this time of the year when they're local. I end up eating them at practically every meal. A co-worker owns a peach orchard in the Niagara region (where 90% of Ontario's peaches come from) and I ended buying a case, much to the shock of my other co-workers since I live on my own at the moment, lol... but I just can't get enough. They're the perfect snack or sweet dessert paired with french vanilla ice cream. The best way to use up rapidly ripening peaches though? A crisp! Below is a recipe my Mom gave me quite a few years ago... it's quick, easy, and delicious. The perfect end-of-Summer treat...

Peach Crisp

Sliced peaches (enough to cover the bottom of a 9 inch pan)
2/3 - 3/4 cup of brown sugar (depending on your taste)
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup quick cooking oats
3/4 tsp cinnamon
1/3 cup butter (slightly melted)

Heat oven to 375˚F. Layer the sliced peaches in the pan and mix all the other ingredients in a bowl. Sprinkle the mixture over top of the peaches and bake for about 30 minutes until browned (keep an eye on it in case your oven temperature varies.) That's it! Enjoy.

*For tips on how to buy the right peaches, how to peel them easier, or when to put them in the refrigerator, read more here. Also, if you end up with too little "crisp" topping, just make a double batch! Photos: My own

9 comments:

  1. That sounds delicious! I just bought peaches today to make a pie tomorrow :) love the new blog already!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, Daniella Marie, I love what you've done! Splendid. It looks and feels wonderful and very friendly.
    x's

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow two blogs, you are so clever!

    I love peaches, this sounds so yummy!

    hugs DJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loooove peach crisp. Actually, I love any kind of crisp. You could also put some peach slices in a glass of white wine. Yummm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leslie - Aren't they so good? Enjoy your peach pie!

    Splenderosa - Thank you! I'm glad you like it :)

    DJ - Just one blog now! Switching over to this one! lol

    Beckles - Very true, all crisps are pretty delicious, and you can use any fruit you like with that recipe, apple crisp is amazing this way too! I love raspberries in my champagne, so peaches in white wine sounds delicious, great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds and looks delicious!
    Excited about this new adventure and looking forward to it! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, deeeeelicious! Thank you for the recipe and wow, nice pictures! Your new blog is wonderful, Daniella :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i might try this over the weekend... (from some peaches grown by my daddy).
    So good you posted todays' on the other blog... :)
    this new blog sounds and feels like a very good idea!
    all the best,
    hugs,
    agnes
    :)

    ReplyDelete